Secure Document Upload
Student Financial Assistance may require various types of documents to complete verification. Most documents and forms can be submitted through the Secure Document Upload on Joe'SS to safeguard and protect your information. Students can access the Secure Document Upload through their Student Center in Joe'SS. Parents who have been granted Additional Authorized Access (AAA) will also have access to submit documents. To grant the AAA access, please refer to the instructions provided by the Registrar's Office.
Here are some examples of the different types of documents that might be requested. EXAMPLES OF DOCUMENTS
Ensure all documents/forms are completed with the necessary information. This many include:
- Your Missouri S&T student id number on all completed forms
- Your legal name (first and last)
- Handwritten signature(s) on all forms that require a signature. Typed/digital/electronic signatures cannot be accepted and will be returned. All forms must be printed and signed before being submitted to the SFA office. Scanned copies or photos are able to be uploaded.
- Complete all sections of the forms as incomplete forms will be returned and cannot be used to process your financial aid.
- Removing any encryption or file types that are not compatable with the Secure Document Upload
- All fillable forms from Missouri S&T must be completed in Adobe to submit through the Secure Document Upload. If Adobe is not available, forms must be saved and submitted as a graphic file type (.jpg or .png).
You are able to access the Secure Document Upload through the Student Center in Joe'SS. Once you have opened the secure document upload portal, you will complete the following steps to submit documents:
- Select the appropriate Office/Department. To submit documents to Student Financial Assistance, you will need to select the "Financial Aid" option
- Select the appropriate aid year and document type. The correct document type will be identified in your checklist in Joe'SS or in the communications requesting the documentation. Be certain to select the correct document type and aid year as selecting the incorrect document type or aid year can delay processing.
- Once the document type is selected, additional information regarding that document type may appear below the selection box. This can help guide you on the requirements needed for that specific document.
- If you would like to include any additional information when submitting a document, you can add comments or notes in the available box.
- You can then click the "Add Attachment" button to attach the document you wish to upload.
There are a couple requirements in order to successfully upload your documents/forms.
- Only acceptable file types can be submitted through the secure file upload. These include: .jpg, .png, .pdf, and .doc file types.
- Files cannot exceed 17 MB (megabytes).
- Files cannot have unusual or special characters in the file name (for example: * % @ ! &).
- Files cannot have a file name that exceeds 64 characters. Shorter file names work better.
- Fillable forms from Missouri S&T must be completed in Adobe. Completing the form in a web broswer or other software will not properly save information on the form for the the Secure File Upload. If Adobe is not available, forms can be saved and submitted as a graphic file type (.jpg or .png).
Once you have opened the secure document upload portal, you will need to select the department and document type you wish to upload. All To-Do items identify the document type you will need to select when using the secure document upload. After uploading a document/form, you may recieve an email confirming successful upload.
If you are ready to upload documents, you may access the secure document upload by clicking on the button below:
If you are unable to use the secure document upload, all documents/forms can be submitted directly to our office by mail or in-person or by fax to 573-341-4274.
Student Financial Assistance may require various types of documents to complete verification. Here are some examples of the different types of documents that might be requested.