Financial Assistance Forms

The following forms are PDF documents, and many of them use fillable forms. Whether you complete the forms by hand or by using the fillable form,  you must print these documents and sign them before submitting them to our office.

For best results, we encourage you to download the forms and open in Adobe Reader instead of opening them in your browser. Web browsers do not access or open the complete forms.

You may submit the forms to our office via US mail, fax, upload documents via the "Secure Document Upload" in Joe'SS as a PDF or image attachment (such as PNG or JPG), or you may drop off the forms in person. Only forms completed in Adobe will properly upload through the Secure Document Upload. If Adobe is not available, forms can be saved and submitted as a graphic file type (.jpg or .png).

If you have documents ready to submit, you may access the Secure Document Upload with the below button:


Information on how to use the "Secure Document Upload" can be found here along with examples of several commonly requested documents.

SECURE UPLOAD Instructions

2021-2022 Forms

Each year the U.S. Department of Education requires schools participating in the distribution of federal aid to verify the consistency and accuracy of data submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Central Processing System (CPS) selects which applications selected for verification.  Please choose the version indicated on your letter or to-do list in Joe'SS.

2021-2022 Dependent Verification Worksheet

2021-2022 Independent Verification Worksheet

2021-2022 High School Status/Identity/Educational Purpose

2021-2022 Child Support Paid

2021-2022 Dependent Student Assets

2021-2022 Independent Student Assets


Why are we asking for documentation of independent student status?

On the 2021-2022 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you indicated you meet one or more of the descriptions below. You have been selected to verify this information by providing documentation for at least one of the items below to confirm your Independent Status for the 2020-2021 academic year. The information requested on this form is needed to process your financial aid for the 2021-2022 academic year.

Active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces: Provide a copy of your Active Duty Orders indicating active duty service in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training.

Emancipated minor: Submit a copy of an approved petition for emancipation, court orders, or other similar legal papers documenting as a minor. The documentation must confirm the student was emancipated prior to age 18. NOTE: Emancipation due to a parent’s divorce or child support termination does not meet the requirement as emancipated minor.

Legal guardianship: Submit documentation of legal guardianship immediately before the age of 18 if you were in legal guardianship of someone other than your parent or stepparent.  This could include a copy of the approved petition for guardianship, court order, or other similar legal papers.

Orphan, ward of the court or foster care:

  • Submit a copy of each of your parent’s death certificates and a copy of your birth certificate (or adoption paperwork) if you had no living parent (biological or adoptive) at any time since you turned aged 13, even if you are now adopted; or
  • Submit a copy of legal documentation indicating you were a dependent or ward of the court at any time since your turned age 13, even if you are no longer a dependent or ward of the court today; or
  • Submit a copy of documentation of foster care status if you were in foster care at any time since you turned age 13, even if you are no longer in foster care today.

Homeless or unaccompanied youth: Submit a letter from your McKinney-Vento School District Homeless Liaison with supporting documentation of being an unaccompanied youth who was homeless or self-supporting, or at risk of being homeless at any time on or after July 1, 2019.

Married: Submit a copy of your marriage certificate confirming you were married at the time the FAFSA was filed.

Veteran: Submit a copy of your DD214 form indicating release under a condition other than dishonorable for one of the following: active duty service in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard, Reserve enlistee called to active duty for purposes other than training, or cadet or midshipman at a service academy.

Note: If you are unable to document your independent status based on the above categories, then you are considered dependent for financial aid purposes. Please login to your FAFSA at and answer “No” to questions 46-58. You must also provide parental income and asset information as well as a parent signature (your parent can sign electronically using his/her own FSA ID). If you face extenuating circumstances preventing you from obtaining parental information for the FAFSA, please contact your Financial Aid Counselor.

2021-2022 Proof of Unaccompanied Youth Status

2021-2022 Proof of an Emancipated Minor or Legal Guardian

2021-2022 Proof of Orphan/Ward of the Court

2021-2022 Proof of Child/Dependent Support

Financial aid eligibility is based on the parental and/or student income for the prior year.  If during the current year special circumstances occur such as unemployment;  divorce; death of a spouse or parent; loss of child support; loss of Social Security benefits; or loss of other income benefits,  regulations allow student financial assistance to review the situation.  Please select the applicable form based on your situation.

2021-2022 Special Circumstance for Dependent Student

2021-2022 Special Circumstance for Independent Student

2021-2022 Verification of Private School Tuition Paid