The S&T Border County Award exclusively for students living in counties contiguous to Missouri!* Students will automatically be considered at the time of admission.
- The award covers 100% of the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition and cannot be combined with any institutional or athletic fund that will pay out of state tuition.
- Based on ACT/SAT results, students will also qualify for the Border County Extra Award. See below for more details.
- Only awarded to out-of-state students who come from counties bordering Missouri and starting on-campus at Missouri S&T in fall 2023. Students in the Missouri State Cooperative program are not eligible for the Border County Award.
- Receiving this award does not change or establish Missouri residency for other aid.
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents to receive this award.
- Award is renewable for a total of eight semesters for incoming freshman students and a total of four semesters for incoming transfer students. The student must remain an S&T full-time status with at least a 3.00 GPA to be qualify for renewal.
The S&T Border County Award is available for students from the following counties:
- Illinois: Adams, Alexander, Calhoun, Hancock, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Pike, Randolph, St. Clair, Union
- Iowa: Appanoose, Davis, Decatur, Fremont, Lee, Page, Ringgold, Taylor, VanBuren, Wayne
- Kentucky: Ballard, Carlisle, Fulton, Hickman
- Nebraska: Nemaha, Otoe, Richardson
- Tennessee: Dyer, Lake
* Residents of Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma are eligible for the Missouri S&T Connection Program.
If you do not qualify for this scholarship, please check out other scholarships on our website that you might qualify for.