- How Aid Works
- Financial Aid
- Cost Estimates
- Contact Us
Transfer Merit-Based Scholarships
When you apply for admission to S&T, you are also applying for some S&T merit-based scholarships.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded when you are admitted to S&T and are based on your collegiate academic accomplishments. The following merit-based scholarships are only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. International students can find additional information on international scholarships here.
If you are eligible for scholarships, an award letter will be sent as part of your admit packet from S&T. In late March, a complete financial aid award package will be sent that details all aid you qualify for, including scholarships, need-based grants, and state and federal loan programs.
Transfer students from Missouri
|GPA to qualify||Award for Missouri residents||GPA to renew|
|4.00 - 3.50||$3,000 annually||3.00|
|3.49 - 3.25||$1,500 annually||3.00|
|3.24 - 3.00||$1,000 annually||3.00|
*Effective for fall 2020
Transfer students from out of state
|GPA to qualify||Award for out of state residents||GPA to renew|
|4.00 - 3.50||$5,000 annually||3.00|
|3.49 - 3.25||$4,000 annually||3.00|
|3.24 - 3.00||$2,500 annually||3.00|
*Effective for fall 2020
If you are transferring directly to Missouri S&T from one of our transfer partner institutions, you may qualify for an additional transfer scholarship.
All renewable scholarships are available for a total of four semesters to full-time students. Non-renewable scholarships are available for a full academic year (two semesters). All scholarships may be initiated at either the fall or spring semester. Renewal will be based on your cumulative GPA at Missouri S&T after two full semesters, including GPA on all credit transferred to Missouri S&T.
These scholarships available for U.S. citizens, permanent residents and students pursuing their 1st bachelor's degree. International students may contact admissions regarding scholarships. Eligibility criteria and application process are as follows:
- Admitted transfer students are automatically considered for scholarships (no separate scholarship application required) if they meet application deadlines. For example, those students who are enrolling for a fall semester, we will begin priority scholarship awarding as of February 1. We will continue scholarship awarding for all eligible students who submit their admission application by May 1 (final deadline). For students who plan to enroll in a spring semester, priority scholarship awarding will begin October 1 with awarding continuing for students who submit admission applications by December 1 (final deadline). Applicants are encouraged to have their admission application and transcripts from all previously attended institutions to the Admissions office by these final deadlines to insure receipt of scholarship.
- Transfer students must have completed 24, college-level, graded, transferrable credits from a U.S. institution and be pursuing their 1st bachelor's degree upon enrollment at Missouri S&T to be considered for scholarships. Application may be made prior to completing 24 hours but receipt of the award will require a transcript with 24 hours of credit with the appropriate grade point average (GPA).
- Renewal will be based on a cumulative GPA after two semesters at Missouri S&T. Cumulative GPA will include courses transferred in and those taken at Missouri S&T.
- Students must be enrolled on a full-time basis to receive scholarship. Full-time is defined as a minimum of 12 hours at Missouri S&T.
- The scholarship amounts reflect an annual award with one-half available for the fall semester and one-half for the spring semester (scholarships are not available for summer sessions).
- Starting for students transferring in the Fall 2020 semester, out of state residents who become Missouri residents will be assessed instate tuition and forfeit the out of state merit scholarships.