- How Aid Works
- Financial Aid
- Cost Estimates
- Contact Us
A highly competitive scholarship of $12,000 per year
Since its inception in 1989, the Chancellor’s Scholarship has been awarded to more than 405 students representing virtually every major field of study.
This highly competitive scholarship of $12,000 per year will be awarded to 15 students. This would be a revised scholarship offer and will supersede any other offer that was provided by admissions. Bright Flight would still stack with this scholarship if eligible.
This is a four-year package renewable with a cumulative grade point average of 3.00.
Eligibility for the Chancellor’s Scholarship is met by fulfilling the following criteria:
- Be in the upper 10% of high school graduating class or have a GPA of 3.75 or better after six semesters.
- Take the ACT (or SAT) test by Oct. 26, 2019, and receive an ACT score of 31 or higher. If taking the SAT, a CR+M score of 1390 is needed.
- Be a resident of the state of Missouri.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Be a 2020 high school graduate.
- Applied for admission to Missouri S&T no later than October 25, 2019
- Submit scholarship application by deadline: November 1, 2019
How to Apply
To apply for the Chancellor’s Scholarship, all eligibility requirements must be met, and all instructions must be completed for an application to be considered.
We require that you apply for admission no later than October 25th to allow time to process your admissions application. Visit apply.mst.edu, and complete the online admissions application. You will also submit your high school transcript and official test score.
You will need to set up your S&T student account (Joe'SS) at least one business day prior to logging into scholarships.mst.edu. To set up your account, you will need the username that was sent to the email address you used when you applied for admission. Learn more about setting up your student account.
All communications regarding the scholarship application will be sent to both your personal and S&T student email acccounts. Learn more about setting up your S&T email.
Complete the Chancellor's Scholarship application and submit your essay through the S&T Scholarship Database located at scholarships.mst.edu by November 1, 2019. Submissions will be accepted through 11:59 p.m.
For a step-by-step walkthrough, see the Chancellor's Scholarship application guide.
Because of the outstanding credentials of all applicants, the scholarship essay is a critical part of the early evaluation process.
Essay topic for 2020
Employers at technology companies seeking S&T graduates as employees highlight communication skills and teamwork abilities in addition to technical skills. It has become clear that in a growing world of innovation in technology and science, the importance of a comprehensive education is even more important than ever before. How will your experience at Missouri S&T provide you with the tools to be a leader in your field? Explain your answer using various sources.
- Your persuasive essay should be 750 words maximum typed in 12 pt. Times New Roman font and double spaced (please note that the title and reference page will not be counted in the 750 word count, but in-text citations will be counted).
- Your essay must use APA style formatting; you must exclude your name and high school affiliation to maintain anonymity (you can put something generic on the title page, such as "future student" and your institution should be Missouri University of Science and Technology).
- An abstract page is not needed.
- Your reference page should include a minimum of three references.
- Uploaded essays should be in PDF.
The scholarship committee will judge essays based on the following:
- Purpose and theme
- Introduction and conclusion
- Organization and structure
- Research and documentation
- Language use and mechanics
You will be notified by the end of the third week in December if you are or are not moving forward in the process. Each finalist will receive an invitation to participate in an interview on campus, Saturday, January 25, 2020.