International Students

International students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid, and there is no reason for a student who is not a U.S. citizen to submit a FAFSA form.

In order to be issued immigration documents, such as I-20, DS-2019, students must submit a bank statement showing funds to meet expenses for one year of study. The bank statement is necessary to be issued an immigration document such as an I-20, but not to be admitted to Missouri S&T. More information is available from the International Affairs Office.

Because S&T is a state-supported public university, merit-based scholarship awards are generally only available to U.S. citizens.

Undergraduate Students

International undergraduate students are eligible to receive scholarships supported by academic departments, outside organizations and foundations, etc. They are not eligible for S&T merit-based scholarship awards.

Graduate Students

Financial support for graduate students is infrequent and only for the highest academically achieving students. There are a limited number of graduate research assistantships and teaching assistantships that are awarded through individual academic departments. Please refer to the Office of Graduate Studies for general information on funding opportunities.

Sponsored Billing

If an embassy, agency or company is paying part or all of your educational expenses, you can elect to have them billed directly through our sponsored billing process. The Cashier’s Office will require official written authorization from the sponsor that includes the following information:

  • Your full name and student number
  • The time period their sponsorship covers (one semester or multiple semesters, for example)
  • Specification of the fees to be covered, or specifically not covered, under the agreement or a maximum dollar amount if appropriate
  • Specific authorization for the Missouri University of Science and Technology to bill them on your behalf
  • The name and address of the sponsoring agency where the bills should be sent, with contact name and a phone number for us to call if we have questions

The authorization should be directed to the Cashier’s Office, Missouri S&T, G-4 Parker Hall, 300 W. 13th Street, Rolla, MO 65409, Attn: Sponsored Billing.

Upon receipt of billing authorization from your sponsor, we will credit your account for the amount authorized and discontinue billing you for that amount. We will then bill your sponsor directly on your behalf. If the sponsor does not pay in a timely manner, the credit will be removed from your account and you will be responsible for this sum—including the accrual of finance charges. If the amount that your sponsor is willing to pay satisfies your student account balance, you will automatically be financially enrolled for the term. If the amount your sponsor is willing to pay does not satisfy your student account balance, you must make at least the minimum payment to become financially enrolled and retain your classes.

A sponsored student fee will be assessed each semester to international third-party sponsored students.