2019 Chancellor's scholarship
In its 29-year history, the Chancellor’s Scholarship has been awarded to more than 405 students representing virtually every major field of study. This highly competitive scholarship of $12,000 per year will be awarded to 15 students. This would be a revised scholarship offer and will supersede any other offer that was provided by the Admissions Office. This is a four-year package renewable with a cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
To apply for the Chancellor’s Scholarship, all eligibility requirements must be met and all instructions followed for an application to be considered. Applications are evaluated as received, up to the November 1, 2018 deadline.
Eligibility for the Chancellor’s Scholarship is met by the following criteria:
- Be in the upper 10% of your high school graduating class or have a GPA of 3.75 or better after six semesters.
- Take the ACT (or SAT) test by Oct. 27, 2018, and receive an ACT score of 31 or better to be eligible. (If taking the SAT, a CR+M score of 1390 is needed.)
- Be a resident of the state of Missouri
- Be a 2019 high school graduate
How to Apply
- We recommend that you apply for admission two weeks in advance of the November 1st Chancellor's Scholarship deadline to allow time to process your application. Please go to apply.mst.edu and complete the online admissions application. Please submit your high school transcript and official test score.
- You will need to set up your S&T student account at least 1 business day prior to logging into scholarships.mst.edu. To do this you will need the username that was sent to the email address you used when you applied for admission. Click here if you need more information about setting up your student account.
- Complete the Chancellor's Scholarship application and submit your essay through scholarships.mst.edu by November 1, 2018. (Submissions will be accepted through 11:59 pm)
Because of the outstanding credentials of all applicants, the scholarship essay is a critical part of the early evaluation process.
Your persuasive essay should be 750 words maximum typed in 12 pt. Times New Roman font and double spaced (please note that the title and reference page will not be counted in the 750 word count, but in-text citations will be counted). Applicant must use APA style formatting; you must exclude your name and high school affiliation to maintain anonymity (you can put something generic on the title page, such as "future student" and your institution should be Missouri University of Science and Technology) and an abstract page is not needed. Your reference page should include a minimum of 3 references. Uploaded essays should be in PDF.
THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE WILL JUDGE ESSAYS ON:
- Purpose and theme
- Introduction and conclusion
- Organization and structure
- Research and documentation
- Language use and mechanics
2019 Chancellor's Scholarship Persuasive Essay Topic
What is social responsibility? Write an essay about the impact of social responsibility in businesses. Include facts and statistics about social responsibility that support your viewpoint.
Students will be notified by the end of the third week in December if they are or are not moving on in the process. Each finalist will receive an invitation to participate in an interview on campus, Saturday, January 26, 2019.