Student Financial Assistance
G-1 Parker Hall
300 W. 13th St.
Scholarships at Missouri S&T are many and varied. Some of the most prestigious are awarded early, allowing Missouri S&T to send out individual student financial aid profiles as early as December. To apply, please submit the Undergraduate Application for Admission & Student Financial Assistance. December 1 is the application deadline for priority merit-based awards. Final scholarship deadline is typically February 1 and awards available on a funds-available basis.
Help prevent financial aid/scholarship fraud
Every year, millions of high school graduates seek creative ways to finance the markedly rising costs of a college education. In the process, they sometimes fall prey to scholarship and financial aid scams. On November 5, 2000, Congress passed the College Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act of 2000 (CSFPA). The CSFPA enhances protection against fraud in student financial assistance by establishing stricter sentencing guidelines for criminal financial aid fraud. It also charged the Department, working in conjunction with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), with implementing national awareness activities, including a scholarship fraud awareness site on the ED Web site. You can help prevent financial aid/scholarship fraud by, in your consumer information, alerting students to the existence of financial aid fraud, informing students and their parents of telltale pitch lines used by fraud perpetrators, and by providing appropriate contact information. According to the FTC, perpetrators of financial aid fraud often use these telltale lines
• The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.
• You can't get this information anywhere else.
• I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship.
• We'll do all the work.
• The scholarship will cost some money.
• You've been selected by a 'national foundation' to receive a scholarship’ or ‘You're a finalist,’ in a contest you never entered.
To file a complaint, or for free information, students or parents should call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or visit: http://www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams
Use the links on the navigation bar at the left to find detailed information about the different types of scholarships available at Missouri S&T.
Application for Admission and Scholarships
- Application deadline for admission for the fall semester is July 1
- Application deadline for admission for the spring semester is December 1.
- Application deadline for admission for the summer semester is May 1.
- Priority Scholarship Deadline is December 1.
- An application, application fee, official high school transcript and one appropriate test score (ACT or SAT) must be submitted.
- Official determination of eligibility for admission is made by the Director of Admission.