Scholarships for S&T Students
- General Application
- Chancellor's Scholarship
- Distinguished Scholars Award
- Diversity Scholarship
- Self-Reported Scholarships
- Renewal Criteria
AcademicWorks makes it easy to apply for scholarships quickly online at scholarships.mst.edu.
It's as simple as one, two, three.
- Login at scholarships.mst.edu with your Joe’SS username and password.
(You must have been admitted to the university and let one business day elapse prior to logging in, and you must have already activated your S&T email account.)
- Fill out the general scholarship application.
The general scholarship application will search our database of awards and recommend scholarships you may be eligible to apply for. Some you will be automatically entered into the applicant pool, others you may need to answer additional questions.
- Continue to check the system as new scholarships become available periodically.
Also browse our “external” scholarship list that provides convenient direct links to outside scholarship websites, make sure to use the "search" option to narrow your search by major, level in school, etc. as the system does not "recommend" specific external scholarships.
What are you waiting for?
Start your general scholarship application today!
In addition to the general scholarship application at scholarships.mst.edu, we suggest you check out other scholarship search engines to make sure you are maximizing your external scholarship search.
The 2019 Chancellor's Scholarship application HAS Closed!
For more information about the Chancellor's Scholarship, go to the Chancellor's Scholarship page.
Distinguished Scholars Award
THE 2019 DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS AWARD IS OPEN!
For more information about the Distinguished Scholars Award, go to the Distinguished Scholars Award page.
Missouri S&T is pleased to offer a Diversity scholarship package to eligible students, once admitted. While the name of the scholarship may change, the amount and requirements will remain the same. If you have any questions about this scholarship, you may contact the Student Financial Assistance office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-522-0938.
Freshmen Diversity Scholarship
|MISSOURI RESIDENTS||NON-MISSOURI RESIDENTS||GPA TO RENEW|
|Ranges from $2,000-$3,000
||Ranges from $2,000-$10,000||2.75|
Scholarship is renewable for a total of eight semesters. Award may be supported by a combination of funding sources, including the Spirit of Success scholarship. Award packages for non-Missouri residents are adjusted appropriately if student becomes a Missouri resident.
Renewal will be based on full-time status and your cumulative GPA at Missouri S&T after two full semesters, including GPA on all credit transferred to Missouri S&T.
Transfer Diversity Scholarship
|GPA TO QUALIFY||MISSOURI RESIDENTS||NON-MISSOURI RESIDENTS||GPA TO RENEW|
Non-renewable scholarships are available for a full academic year (two semesters). Renewable scholarships are available for a total of four semesters. Award may be supported by a combination of funding sources, including the Discovery scholarship. Award packages for non-Missouri residents are adjusted appropriately if student becomes a Missouri resident.
The Transfer Diversity Scholarship may be initiated at either the fall or spring semester. Renewal will be based on full-time status and your cumulative GPA at Missouri S&T after two full semesters, including GPA on all credit transferred to Missouri S&T.
HAVE AN OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIP THAT YOU WANT TO REPORT IN JOE'SS?
Students can put the outside scholarships they are receiving in Joe'SS by indicating the name and amount of the scholarship.
How to self-report in Joe'SS
1) Self Service> Campus Finances> Report Aid from Other Sources
- Choose the aid year
- 2018 represents Fall 2017/Spring 2018 and Summer 2018
- 2019 represents Fall 2018/Spring 2019 and Summer 2019
2) Click on Report Additional Aid
3) Choose the Award drop down, choose the appropriate scholarship description (your first award should be listed as Private Scholarship #1 Fall), and then list the description and amount of your scholarship. Then you can click ‘Add Another Award’ if you have one or Save if you are finished. (If your scholarship will be for fall and spring, please make sure you split your award and list a Fall and Spring award.)
4) It will confirm that the save is successful and then you will need to click the OK button to move on.
5) Click on the Return to List of Aid from Other Sources to go back and see the scholarship now listed. Once you click on Return to list you can no longer make corrections to the scholarship.
6) Once it is listed out there the Status is set to Reported, once the award is loaded onto your financial aid awards it will change to Processed. You can still click on the Award link for each one and it will tell you the amount that you put in and when it was placed on your account.
If you need to make any adjustments to scholarships that you have already reported or have been processed please email email@example.com and let us know what adjustments need to be made, make sure to include your name, student ID and the award that needs to be adjusted.
Make sure that you do not choose more than one scholarship with the same name because it will override any previously posted scholarship.
|| GPA (cumulative)
||Total Semesters Available||Residency|
|Alumni Sons/Daughters/Grandchildren Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 8||Out of state|
|Chancellor’s Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||In state|
|Distringuished Scholars Award||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||Out of State|
|Curator’s Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 10||In state|
|Discovery Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 4||Out of state|
|Diversity Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 8||In state/Out of state|
|Diversity Scholarship-Transfer||Full time||2.75||Up to 4||In state/Out of state|
|Excellence Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||In state/Out of state|
|International Merit Scholarship I, II, or III||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||International|
|Miner Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||In state/Out of state|
|Miner Section Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 8||Out of state|
|Spirit of Success Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 8||In state|
|Spirit of Success Out of State Scholarship||Full time||2.75||Up to 8||Out of state|
|Transfer II Scholarship||Full time||3.00||Up to 4||In state/Out of state|
|Transfer III Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 4||In state/Out of state|
|Transfer IV Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 4||In state/Out of state|
|Trustees’ Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||In state/Out of state|
|University Scholarship||Full time||3.25||Up to 8||In state/Out of state|
|Access Missouri (FAFSA by February 1)||Full time||2.50||Up to 10 (or degree completion)||In state|
|Bright Flight||Full time||2.50||Up to 10 (or degree completion)||In state|
- All scholarship’s renewability is evaluated at the end of each academic year, EXCEPT Access Missouri and Bright Flight which are evaluated each semester. Access Missouri and Bright Flight are administered by the Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) and are for Missouri students only.
- Your Federal Aid is based on the yearly completion of the FAFSA- please remember to file starting in October.
- All Missouri S&T university scholarships require the recipient to be a full-time undergraduate student, which is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester at Missouri S&T and enrolled full-time throughout each semester.
- Renewal GPA is defined as the cumulative grade point average and will include grades from all previous college-level coursework from accredited institutions and will be calculated at the end of each spring academic semester.
- Students who establish Missouri residency and thus pay Missouri resident tuition rates will no longer be eligible for university scholarships specific to students paying nonresident tuition.
- If you do not find your award on this list, please contact the department or entity that made the award for details about renewal criteria.